My approach is simple and tactical. I help clients explore, rediscover, and apply their own knowledge, solution-oriented strategies, and authentic leadership style.
I also provide guidelines and "how tos" for effective leadership based on my clients' development needs and business objectives.
• Tools/Strategies that can be applied immediately
• Tools/Strategies that are designed to generate measurable results
• Tools/Strategies that call for authentic and integrity-based leadership
Sharing what I've identified as the six CORE VALUES of my business may help you understand my way of doing business.
Clients can trust that integrity sits at the core of my objectives, client relationships, services, and communications.
My clients need and expect objectivity and honesty in the coaching relationship and they must see and experience these principles in the coaching/consulting process.
An effective coaching/consulting relationship must be based on strict confidentiality. My clients can always trust that no information will ever be disclosed to third parties without express approval.
I recognize a joint responsibility in creating a client's success. I use and expect the principle of full collaboration to honor this responsibility. I pledge to help clients replicate the same collaborative relationship with their leaders, peers and subordinates.
Sensitivity to the individual style and skill needs of my clients will require the customization of coaching tools, and I must always maintain the willingness to provide this level of support.
In a world of excessive time demands my clients must be able to equalize their personal needs and professional obligations. The coaching relationship must enable them to achieve this delicate balance.
The following outlines the coaching process that I generally use to help individuals and/or teams develop leadership skills through customized executive development.
• Complimentary meeting to explore your needs, my services, and the potential for a collaborative partnership
• Submit a written proposal, including my understanding of our objectives, a recommended plan (i.e., assessment strategies, focus areas for development, timeframes, meeting formats), and anticipated investment
Once I'm retained . . . .
• Assist and participate in team initiative communications and kick-off, if applicable
• Facilitate pre-work interview(s) and/or 360 assessments
• Provide assessment data summary
• Fine-tune and agree on goals, development areas/opportunities for growth, based on assessment data
• Coaching/Consulting sessions (i.e., meetings, leadership retreats, facilitated discussions; telephone conferences, email exchanges, action planning)
• Debrief successes and challenges since last coaching session/ conversation; provide additional coaching/consulting, as needed
• Make recommendations relating to short and long-term follow-up and retention strategies
Customization and flexibility contribute greatly to a successful coaching relationship. Please keep in mind that if something is currently working well for you individually, or as a team, I am not interested in adjusting it. I will help you best leverage your strengths, while focusing on those areas where you acknowledge you could be more effective.